Indian food is one of the most popular in the UK and this is a great choice for you to eat whilst relaxing at home.
Ingredients (serves 2)
150g washed red lentils, 350ml of cold water, ½ a chopped onion, 2 cloves of garlic, 3 cardamon pods, 1 bayleaf, a dash of cumin, a dash of turmeric, 1 tsp of coriander
How to make it
- Add the lentils to a saucepan and add the water. Add the bayleaf and cardamom and boil.
- Stir, simmer and wait until the lentils are softened.
- Fry the onion and garlic in a separate pan.
- Add the remaining spices and fry for a minute.
- Stir in the onions into the lentils, and remove the bayleaf.