Fish and Chips
A twist on the classic, and healthier than a trip to the chippy!
Ingredients (serves 1)
1 sweet potato, 3 slices of brown bread, 12g of grated parmesan, 1 tbsp of chopped chives, paprika, 2 tbsp of plain flour, 1 small egg, a fillet of your favourite fish
How to make it
- Pre heat the oven to 200C
- Cut up the potato into chips and put into a bowl. Toss with a bit of olive oil and put on a baking tray, bake until browned (around 25 mins) – be careful not to burn!
- Add the bread, cheese, chives and paprika into a blender and make breadcrumbs (you can season this with salt and pepper if you like)
- Spread the crumbs on plate, and spread the flour on a separate plate
- Whisk the egg and a splash of water in a bowl
- Coat the fish in the flour, and then dip in the egg and roll in the breadcrumbs.
- Add the fish to a frying pan, and cook for around 2-3 minutes on each side