This recipe will make one loaf, you can decide whether you want to share it or keep it all to yourself!
200g of brown sugar, 100g of wholemeal flour, 100g of plain flour, 2 large free range eggs, 1 tablespoon of bicarbonate of soda, 60g of pecans, 110g of unsalted butter, 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract, 2 bananas, a pinch of salt.
How to make it
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper or smear with butter – baking paper will make it easier to remove and as long as it is reaches above the sides of the tin can prevent burning.
- Melt the butter and sugar together on a low heat in a pan, allow to cool slightly whilst mixing the flour, salt, pecans and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl.
- Whisk the eggs and vanilla into the butter mixture and add to the bowl.
- Add the bananas, stir together and pour into the tin.
- Bake for around 70 minutes, until the bread has risen. Cool on a wire rack and serve.