A Spanish dish which is full of flavour and also provides you with some fantastic vitamins and minerals. If you don’t like seafood you can always swap it out for other meats.
Ingredients (serves 2)
1/2 chopped red onion, 125g of chopped chicken, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 large tomato, 1 red pepper sliced, 1 tsp paprika, 125 of paella rice, 225 ml of chicken stock, 50g of prawns, 75g chopped chorizo, 75g of petit pois
How to make it
- Fry the onion in a pan until softened.
- Fry the chorizo for a minute to release the fat.
- Add in the chicken and garlic to the pan, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Skin the tomato, and chop it whilst removing the seeds, slice the pepper.
- Add to the pan, with the paprika.
- Add the rice into the mix, continue to stir to ensure it doesn’t stick. Then add the stock. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the prawns and peas, and cook for another 5-10 minutes.