A traditional dish from Hungary which is perfect for you and your baby on a winter’s night.
Ingredients (serves 2)
1 tbsp oil, 500g of diced stewing lamb, 1 large red onion, 1 pepper, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 tbsp of paprika, 2 dollops of tomato puree, 400ml of lamb stock, a splash of balsamic vinegar, 1/2 tsp of brown sugar, 6 tbsp creme fraiche
How to make it
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C
- Add the oil to a frying pan and heat it, brown all the pieces of lamb and transfer to a dish.
- Chop the onion and pepper and add to the pan and fry for 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, paprika and tomato puree and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the lamb back into the pan.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Cover, and move into the oven and cook for an hour.
- Remove from oven and add the remaining ingredients.
- Bring back to the boil, and then cook for a further 40 minutes in the oven.