Chicken Stuffed with Mushrooms and Lentils
This dish is a great alternative to the usual stuffed chicken recipes. It is a great way to get more vitamins and minerals into your diet.
Ingredients (serves 2)
1/2 a chopped onion, 50g of chopped mushrooms, 2 pieces of prosciutto, 2 large boned chicken thighs, 2 sprigs of tarragon, 80g of puy lentils, celery, 200ml chicken stock
How to make it
- Pre heat the oven to 180C
- Fry the mushroom and onions together in a pan, soften, and allow to cool.
- Place the prosciutto onto a baking tray, and put the chicken thighs on top.
- Cut a hole into the thigh and stuff with ¼ of the mushroom mixture, add some tarragon and pepper.
- Hold the ham and chicken together with a cocktail stick.
- In a casserole dish, add the remaining ingredients, and the chicken.
- Cover the dish, and place in the oven.
- You may need to check the dish from time to time to ensure it isn’t drying out (if it does just add some water)
- Cook for 1-1.5 hours.