Chicken and Potato Pie
Everyone loves a pie, and what better than this lovely chicken topped with mashed potato.
Ingredients (serves 2)
50ml of milk, 25g of butter, 250g of peeled potatoes, 20g of frozen peas, 1 medium red onion, 1/2 a leek, 12g of plain flour, 50ml of double cream, 1/4 pint of chicken stock, 30g of grated cheese, 200g of chopped cooked chicken, a sliced carrot, a splash of lemon juice
How to make it
- Pre heat the oven to 200C
- Cut your potatoes up and boil until soft. Once you have drained the pan add half the butter, the milk and cheese. Mash together.
- Add the remaining butter to a frying pan and cook the leeks and onion until soft. Add the flour, and after around a minute stir in the stock.
- Keep stirring until you make a sauce. Add the cream and keep stirring until it just comes to the boil
- Add the chicken, peas and carrots. Season to taste.
- Add to a pie dish and top with the mash.
- Bake for around 25 minutes.