Top 5 Presents for Your Baby This ChristmasWednesday 12th of December 2012 | Category: Baby News | Written by: Rosanne Moulding
Christmas is upon us once again! When there’s a baby to buy for it can seem that the choice of presents is endless. Every store usually has its own baby section but there’s no way of knowing whether the gift is good before you buy. So here at babies.co.uk we have put together a list of the top five baby gifts for the baby or toddler of the family to make your life a bit easier around this busy time!
- Our top present for your baby this Christmas is the multi award winning Wheely Bug. This cute bug-shaped walker is designed for babies who are just on the cusp of walking. Unlike the average walker, they don’t just go backwards and forwards but side to side and round and round. Their bright colours and animal designs make them a great toy for babies and will encourage them to want to walk. They are also safe and easy for babies and toddlers to use. All in all, a great present for a baby boy or girl!
- Second on the list is the range of Disney figures. There is a wide range of figures available and they’re suitable for ages 3 and up. The Disney princess set has been tried and tested by my niece and she absolutely loves them. Because there are ten in a pack, they provide hours of play time. Also, children can get bored when they only have one doll or figure to play with, this is because children love to simulate interaction between figures and create ‘families’ which mimic their own. For girls, I would recommend the Disney Princess Deluxe Figure Set, while boys will love the Avengers Hero 8” Action Figure 4 Pack.
- If you’re on a smaller budget or you’re looking for stocking fillers, the Lamaze Play and Grow Jacques the Peacock might be just what you need. This is an ideal gift for newborns and babies up to around 18 months. The peacock keeps babies entertained with its bright colours, soft textures and interesting sounds and can be attached to cots, prams or activity gyms. Find out more at John Lewis.
- We can’t mention activity gyms without highlighting the Discover ‘n Grow Open Play Musical Gym by Fisher Price. This gym is perfect for babies up to the age of 18 months. The feature that makes this gym stand out from the others is that is has an open top and the mobiles are located in each corner. This means that you can get easier access to your baby if you wanted to lie down with them and encourage them to play. The gym has over ten activities and twenty minutes of music.
- No Christmas present list would be complete without baby’s first rocking horse. There are loads to choose from, and Mama and Papas are currently having a sale on all their rocking horses so make sure you check them out to bag a bargain! The horse which has made it onto our list, however, is the John Lewis Horse Rocker. It has had many five star reviews and looks fantastic, evoking the look of the old traditional rocking horses. It has been designed and built with durability in mind and can be used by children from 18 months and up.
We hope you’ve found this Christmas list useful in sorting through the thousands of possible gift choices for your baby or toddler. It’s hard not to get carried away when shopping for a baby but if you find that you’ve bought way more gifts for the little one than you should have, (it happens to all of us!) why not save some to give to them in a month or so? That way, they will get more enjoyment as the gifts will be spread out.